offers you a day trip to Davit Gareja Cave Monastery Complex & semi-desert, unique for its wild nature, wonderful landscape, mural masterpieces and rock-cut monasteries. The complex include hundreds of cells, churches, chapels, refectories and living quarters hollowed out of the rock face.
It was founded by St. David (6th c), one of the thirteen Assyrian fathers who arrived in Georgia with the mission to strengthen Christianity within the country. The complex extended 20 km. in longitude and 50 km. in latitude in outer Kakheti. Drive to 70 km. south-east of Tbilisi and visit two of the 12th monasteries: Lavra and Udabno. Hike upon the hill to explore the unique frescoes of the 8th-13th cc and cave architecture. Visit the old monks’ cells carved into the sandy rock mountain. Discover this unique site and get unforgettable impressions.
The area is also a home to protected animal species and evidence of some of the oldest human habitations in the region.
Have a lunch on the open air, picnic and enjoy the views of desert
COST PER PERSON 25 USD.,
DEPARTURES EVERY DAY
• Transfers by Jeep (3 and more persons we use a comfortable minibus with air-conditioning)
• 1 lt. of water per person
• Georgian Souvenir Gift
• The area requires going upon the hill, it takes 1-2 hours.
• The minimum number of the group should be 12 PAX.
• It is forbidden to catch, banish or cause any harm to animals
• It is forbidden to climb on rocks without us or stand at the edge of gorges
• For your convenience we suggest to wear sport shoes and do not forget sun cream, hat, warm jacket and raincoat
For any assistance or arranging a tour, please contact us on email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
T 00 995 32 2 308 157, M 00 995 599 499 051
KAKHETI DAY TRIPGEORGIAN OFFICIAL, TRADITIONAL AND ECCLESIASTIC HOLIDAYSPRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR TOURISTS!A WHOLE CONTINENT IN A SMALL COUNTRYABOUT US